Scientific Display Competition Rules and Regulations
First Place $100.00 Cash Award
Second Place $ 75.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
1. Radiologic Science, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, and MRI students in an accredited
Radiologic Science Program are encouraged to enter this competition.
2. The student(s) must be a TSRT member by January 31, 2017 and at the time of the Annual
Meeting. TSRT membership applications can be found at www.tsrt.org
3. The student(s) must be registered and attending the Annual Meeting to be considered
4. There is a limit of 1-3 student(s) in a display group.
5. The following individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies,
School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators, TSRT Board Members, Judges, Scientific Display Competition Committee Members,
and companies or individuals with TSRT contracts.
6. TSRT reserves the right to limit the number of displays for this competition due to
space constraints. Educators and students will be notified via email by February 15, 2017 of any limitations.
1. The student must complete and submit an online Scientific Display Competition Application.
2. The Program Director of your school must complete and submit a Student Status Verification
3. Presentations submitted for award consideration may not have been shown at any previous
TSRT or ASRT meeting/convention and must be done entirely by the student(s)
Displays and Subject Matter
1. All displays must include a free standing three panel display board. Display panels
cannot exceed 48" high and 57" wide in dimension. No electrical plugs will be available for displays.
2. All photographs, x-rays, charts, and/or legends must be matted and/or mounted onto the
poster board. These items and other artifacts may be placed either on the 3 panel display board or on the table in front
of and within the parameters of the 3 panel display board.
3. The exhibitor's subject matter must be related to Radiologic Science, Radiation Therapy,
or Diagnostic Imaging. Charts, descriptive materials, technical factors, photographs, and artifacts may be used and
are encouraged to supplement the exhibit. Emphasis should be placed on originality of viewpoints and technical excellence.
4. Proper credit must be given for all copies and/or referenced material. A
typed letter size page must be placed on the table in front of the display panels and shall include the display title and
bibliography/credit information. This page must be matted or mounted on poster board.
5. The student's name, name of any institution, and patient information must be blocked
off all x-rays and artifacts on the display. Any identification of a particular student, group or institution may not
be included in any form on the front, sides or back of display. The display MUST be HIPAA compliant and completely anonymous
to the viewing public and judges.
Student exhibitor(s) assumes full responsibility of their display and the TSRT is not liable
for loss or damage. TSRT will take all reasonable precautions to insure the safety of all displays during the exhibition.
Display Time-Table and Judging
1. Assembly of the displays will be from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM on Friday of the Annual Meeting.
A TSRT Representative will be present to review the assembled displays and to answer any questions that may arise. A
number will be assigned to each display.
2. The Scientific Displays will officially be open for viewing and judging at 9:00 AM on
Friday. Displays not set up by the above mentioned times will not be eligible for judging or cash awards.
3. The Vice President of TSRT will meet with students during the assembly period to review
judging criteria and help verify the display is ready for judging.
4. After 9:00 AM, the exhibitor(s) will not be permitted to make any adjustments or changes
to their display.
5. Displays must remain intact until 5:00 PM.
6. Displays are to be dismantled and removed from the display area by 5:00 PM. Displays
not dismantled by 5:00 PM will be discarded.
7. The TSRT President shall select three (3) judges prior to the Annual Meeting.
The judges are responsible to the President. A 4th judge will be available to make a deciding vote if there is
8. Judges will score the display using a Judges Scoring Sheet. The maximum points
a display can receive will be 120 points per judge. Judges will look at such topics as Originally, Value and Interest,
and Care in Preparation.
Any questions regarding the eligibility of an applicant's display that cannot be settled by the
Vice President or Scientific Display Coordinator must be submitted to the President of TSRT. If not satisfactorily settled
by the President, eligibility status will be decided by the TSRT Board of Directors and Officers and their decision shall
be final and binding.
Presentation of Awards
1. Ribbons shall be placed on the award-winning displays on Friday of the Annual Meeting.
Winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony that evening.
2. All cash awards will be mailed to the Director of the recipient's educational institution
if the winner is not present. It is the responsibility of the director/institution to forward and distribute the award
to the recipient(s).
Scientific Display Online Application
Deadline Date: January 31, 2017