First Place $150.00 Cash Award
Second Place $100.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
1. Radiologic Science, Radiation therapy, Ultrasound, and MRI students in an accredited
Radiologic Science or Medical Imaging Program are encouraged to enter this competition.
2. The student/RT must be a TSRT member by January
16, 2018 and at the time of the 2018 Annual Meeting. TSRT applications can be found at www.tsrt.info
3. The following
individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies, School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators,
TSRT Board Members, Judges, and companies or individuals with TSRT Contracts.
Students registered in any primary medical imaging modality (Radiography, Nuclear
Medicine, Radiation Therapy, etc.) regardless of enrollment status, will be qualified as a registered technologist; therefore,
the individual is ineligible to compete with non-registered student technologists. This standard will be applied according
to the status during the time of competition.
4. TSRT reserves the right to limit the number of displays for this competition due to space constraints.
Educators and students will be notified via email by February 16, 2018 of any limitations.
1. To enter, the student must complete an online application for Student Scientific Display
Competition from that is provided below.
2. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org: A letter from your Program Director verifying your student status. Email dates must be between January 16 and February
15, 2018. Deadlines are firm.
3. Emails should be labeled with the student's name and competition name in the subject line. The
email should include the display title name and verification letter as separately labeled documents.
4. Presentations submitted for award consideration
may not have been shown at any previous TSRT or ASRT meeting/convention and must be done entirely by the student(s).
Displays and Subject
1. All displays must include a free standing three
panel display board. Display panels cannot exceed 48" high and 57" wide in dimension. No electrical plugs will
be available for displays.
2. All photographs, x-rays, charts, and/or legends must be a component of the poster board (matted, mounted, printed,
etc.). These items and other artifacts may be placed either on the 3 panel display board or on the table in front of
and within the parameters of the 3 panel display board.
3. The exhibitor's subject matter must be related to Radiologic Science, Radiation Therapy,
or Diagnostic Imaging. Charts, descriptive materials, technical factors, photographs, and artifacts may be used and
are encouraged to supplement the exhibit. Emphasis should be placed on originality of viewpoints and technical excellence.
4. Proper credit must
be given for all copies and/or referenced material. A typed letter size page must be placed on the table in front of
the display panels and shall include the display title and bibliography/credit information. This page must be matted
or mounted on poster board.
5. The student's name, name of any institution, and patient information must be blocked off all x-rays and artifacts
on the display. Any identification of a particular student, group or institution may not be included in any form on
the front, sides, or back of display. The display must be HIPAA compliant and completely anonymous to the viewing public
The competition is founded on creativity, innovation, and craftsmanship.
exhibitor(s) assumes full responsibility for their display and the Texas Society of Radiologic Technologist, Inc. is not liable
for loss or damage. TSRT will take all reasonable precautions to insure the safety of all displays during the exhibition.
1. Assembly of the displays will be from 7:00
am - 9:00 am on April 6 of the 2018 Annual Meeting. A TSRT Representative will be present to review the assembled displays
and to answer any questions that may arise.
2. The Scientific Displays will officially be open for viewing and judging at 9:30 am on April 6, 2018.
Displays not set up by the above-mentioned times will not be eligible for judging or cash awards.
3. The VP will meet with students during the assembly
period to review judging criteria and help verify the display is ready for judging.
4. After 9:00 am, April 6, 2018, the exhibitor(s) will
not be permitted to make any adjustments or changes to their display.
5. Displays must remain intact until 4:00pm of the day fo the meeting (April
are to be dismantled and removed from the display hall by 5;00 pm on April 6, 2018
7. The TSRT President or VP shall select three (30 judges
prior to the Annual Meeting. The judges are responsible to the President/VP and their decisions shall be final.
In the case of a tie, a fourth judge will be appointed by the TSRT President or VP. The 4th judge will make the deciding
will score the display using the Judge's Scoring sheet. the maximum points a display can receive will be 120 points
per judge. Judges will look at such topics as Originally, Value and Interest, and Care in Preparation.
Any questions regarding the eligibility of an applicant's display that cannot be settled by the VP must be submitted
to the President of TSRT. If not satisfactorily settled by the President, eligibility status will be decided by the
TSRT Board of directors and Officers and their decision shall be final and binding.
Presentation of Awards
1. Ribbons shall be placed on the displays on April 6, 2018. Winners will be announced
during the Awards Ceremony. Winners are encouraged to attend this meeting to receive their ribbons.
2. All cash awards will be mailed
to the director of the recipient's educational institution. It is the responsibility of the director/institution to
forward and distribute the award to the recipient(s).
Scientific Display Online Application
Deadline: Feburary 15,