Award of Merit Rules and Regulations
First Place $150.00 Cash Award
Second Place $100.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
1. Radiologic Science, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, and MRI students in an accredited Radiologic
Science or Medical Imaging Program are encouraged to enter this competition.
2. The student must be a TSRT member by Februart 16, 2018 and at the time of the 2018 Annual Meeting.
TSRT online membership applications can be found at www.tsrt.info
3. The following individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies,
School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators, TSRT Board Members, Judges, and Companies/Individuals with TSRT Contracts.
Students registered in any primary medical imaging modality
(Radiography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, etc.) regardless of enrollment status, will be qualified as a registered
technologist: therefore, the individual is ineligible to compete with non-registered student technologists. This standard
will be applied according to the status during the time of competition.
4. TSRT reserves the right to limit the number of manuscripts for this competition to 25.
The first 25 manuscripts that meet the Rules/Regulations criteria will be accepted. Educators and students will be notified
of any limitations via email by February 28, 2018.
1. The student must complete an online Application for Award of Merit Competition.
2. The student must email manuscript/reference page in Microsoft Word only format to email@example.com Email should be labeled with the student's name and competition name in the subject line. This email must include: 1)
the manuscript/reference page 2) a letter from your Program Director verifying your student status. Email must
be dated between January 16 and February 25, 2018.
3. The student must be registered and in attendance at the Annual Meeting to be considered
for an award.
4. A student may submit only one manuscript during the 2018 Annual Meeting and only one (1) student
author per manuscript.
1. Manuscripts submitted for the Award of Merit Competition shall become the property of the TSRT.
2. The manuscript must be Microsoft Word, double-spaced, and typed using one (1) inch margins on
all sides. Acceptable font styles are Arial, Times, New Roman, or Courier at a 12 font size.
3. All graphs, photos, and illustrations must be placed at the end of the manuscript and cited within
4. Materials must be original compositions of the student/author and must reflect that research
of the subject matter had taken place.
5. Proper credit must be given when using quotations for all copied materials including charts,
photographs, drawings, etc. Plagiarism of any type will result in disqualification. Your reference page shall
be at the end of the manuscript and emailed to TSRT as one unit.
6. The manuscript must not have been previously published or submitted at any previous TSRT or ASRT
7. The manuscript must be written entirely by the student.
8. The manuscript must be at least five (5) pages and not exceed ten (10) pages. This does
not include the cover page or reference page.
9. The quality of the manuscript must demonstrate proper use of grammar and sentence structure.
10. The manuscript must consist of three major parts: the introduction, the body, and the summary.
The manuscript should introduce an idea or thought, make a point or draw a conclusion, and then summarize the points.
11. The manuscript must include 10 multiple choice questions with an answer key.
1. The President and Vice President of TSRT will appoint the judges for the Award of Merit
Competition. Only the President and Vice President of the TSRT shall know the names of the judges. There
will be a minimum of three (3) judges selected for the final judging of the competition. The judges are responsible
to the President and Vice President and their decisions shall be final.
2. Judges will review the manuscript to see if it meets TSRT Rules/Regulations criteria.
3. Judges scores will reflect the following topics:
- The introduction of new procedures or techniques
- Evidence of research demonstrated
- Bibliography included
- Proper credit given to copied or referenced material
- Orderliness and clarity of thoughts or ideas
- Practical value to technologists
- Usage of proper grammatical structure to include correct spelling
- Level of difficulty of subject matter
Date is February 28, 2018