Award of Merit Rules and Regulations
First Place $100.00 Cash Award
Second Place $ 75.00 Cash Award
Third Place $ 50.00 Cash Award
1. Radiologic Science, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, and MRI students in an accredited Radiologic
Science or Medical Imaging Program are encouraged to enter this competition.
2. The student must be a TSRT member by January 31, 2017 and at the time of the 2017 Annual Meeting.
TSRT online membership applications can be found at www.tsrt.info
3. The following individuals/groups are prohibited from entering this competition: Companies,
School Employees, Faculty Members, Educators, TSRT Board Members, or Companies/Individuals with TSRT Contracts.
4. TSRT reserves the right to limit the number of manuscripts for this competition to 25.
The first 25 manuscripts that meet the Rules/Regulations criteria will be accepted. Educators and students will be notified
of any limitations via email by February 15, 2017.
5. All manuscripts will be on display at the Annual Meeting. Award ribbons will be place
on the manuscript.
1. The student must complete an online Application for Award of Merit Competition.
2. The student must email manuscript/reference page in Microsoft Word only format to firstname.lastname@example.org Email should be labeled with the student's name and competition name in the subject line. This email must include:
1) application form, 2) the manuscript/reference page 3) Award of Merit Student Status Verification Form completed by
the student's program director. Email must be dated between January 15 and January 31, 2017.
3. The student must be registered and in attendance at the Annual Meeting to be considered
for an award.
4. A student may submit only one manuscript during the Annual Meeting and only one (1) student per
5. All forms must be submitted by February 15, 2017.
1. Manuscripts submitted for the Award of Merit Competition shall become the property of the TSRT.
2. The manuscript must be Microsoft Word, double-spaced, and typed using one (1) inch margins on
all sides. Acceptable font styles are Arial, Times, New Roman, or Courier at a 12 font size.
3. All graphs, photos, and illustrations must be placed at the end of the manuscript and cited within
4. Materials must be original compositions of the student/author and must reflect that research
of the subject matter had taken place.
5. Proper credit must be given when using quotations for all copied materials including charts,
photographs, drawings, etc. Plagiarism of any type will result in disqualification. Your reference page shall
be at the end of the manuscript and emailed to TSRT as one unit.
6. The manuscript must not have been previously published or submitted at any previous TSRT or ASRT
7. The manuscript must be written entirely by the student.
8. The manuscript must be at least five (5) pages and not exceed ten (10) pages.
9. The quality of the manuscript must demonstrate proper use of grammar and sentence structure.
10. The manuscript must consist of three major parts: the introduction, the body, and the summary.
The manuscript should introduce an idea or thought, make a point or draw a conclusion, and then summarize the points.
11. The manuscript must include 10 multiple choice questions with an answer key.
1. The President and Vice President of TSRT will appoint the judges for the Award of Merit
Competition. Only the President and Vice President of the TSRT shall know the names of the judges. There
will be three (3) judges selected for the final judging of the competition. The judges are responsible to the President
and Vice President and their decisions shall be final.
2. Judges will review the manuscript to see if it meets TSRT Rules/Regulations criteria.
3. Judges scores will reflect the following topics:
- The introduction of new procedures or techniques
- Evidence of research demonstrated
- Bibliography included
- Proper credit given to copied or referenced material
- Orderliness and clarity of thoughts or ideas
- Practical value to technologists
- Usage of proper grammatical structure to include correct spelling
- Level of difficulty of subject matter
4. The maximum score a manuscript may receive from each judge is 360 points. Only the Vice President
of TSRT and/or Award of Merit Coordinator will know the number of points accumulated for each manuscript.
Award of Merit Coordinator Duties
1. The Award of Merit Coordinator is responsible for the revision/distribution of the Rules and Regulations
for the 2017 Award of Merit Competition and the receipt of all manuscripts submitted for the competition.
2. The coordinator along with the TSRT Executive Office Manager will verify the TSRT membership of
each student and that the email dates of the application is between January 15 and January 31, 2017.
3. The coordinator will notify an applicant by letter/email if the manuscript has any obvious violations
of the Rules/Regulations. Judges will have final say if a manuscript does not meet the criteria of the competition.
4. The coordinator will email the author if the application/manuscript is dated too early or too late
or if the students TSRT membership cannot be verified. Deadlines are firm.
5. Names of the authors of the manuscript authors will not be released until the judging results are
completed and received by the President and Vice President.
Any questions regarding the eligibility of an applicant's manuscript that cannot be settled by the Award
of Merit Coordinator must be submitted to the President of the TSRT. If not satisfactorily settled by the President,
eligibility status will be decided by the TSRT Board of Directors and Officers and their decision shall be final.
Presentation of Awards
1. Ribbons shall be place on the award-winning manuscripts on Friday by noon of the Annual Meeting.
Winners are encouraged to attend the Awards Presentation that evening. Their names will be announced and ribbons/cash
awards will be presented.
2. If the winning student is unable to attend the Awards Presentation, their ribbon/cash award will
be mailed to the Program Director of the recipient's educational institution. It will be the responsibility of the director/institution
to forward and distribute the award to the recipient.
Read and know the above 2017 Student Award of Merit Competition Rules and Regulations.
1. The Award of Merit application along with appropriate paperwork must be emailed to TSRT between
the dates of January 15 and January 31, 2017.
2. You must be a TSRT student/active member by January 15, 2017 and a radiologic science student
during the time of the 2017 Annual Meeting.
3. Only one Award of Merit application, manuscript, and verification letter per email.
Award of Merit Competition Online Application
Deadline Date: February 15, 2017